September 15, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V717000
Excessively bright or dim headlights may reduce visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V717
Manufacturer Volvo Bus Corporation
Components EXTERIOR LIGHTING
Potential Number of Units Affected 860
Volvo Bus Corporation (Volvo Bus) is recalling certain 2008-2021 9700 vehicles. The headlights may not have the correct amount of light output, and either be too bright, or too dim. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”
Dealers will replace of the headlight assembly or the bulbs, free of charge. Estimated start date for repairing vehicles is by March 31, 2022. Owners were notified of the safety risk on November 11, 2021. A second letter will be sent once the remedy is available. Owners may contact Volvo Bus’ customer service at 1-866-870-2046.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL INTERIM NOTICE
This notice applies to your vehicle(s), see VIN list below.
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Prevost Car US Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in 2009-2021 Volvo 9700 US/CAN coaches.
The photometric output of certain low and high beam headlamp test points may not meet the minimum candela or may exceed the maximum candela required by FMVSS108 Lamps, Reflective Devices and Related Equipment.
The vehicle headlamps may result in glare or not produce enough light, which under certain conditions may contribute to a vehicle crash. Volvo Bus has not received reports of vehicle crashes associated with this noncompliance. Also, Volvo Bus has not received any warranty claims, consumer complaints, or field reports associated with this non-compliance.
IDENTIFICATION OF ANY WARNING THAT CAN PRECEDE
Potential repair solutions are under review. Once this is finalized and the leadtime of materials identified, a second notice will be sent to inform that the solution is ready. All required repairs will be provided free of charge.
We are submitting this recall report because the headlamps installed failed to conform to FMVSS108 Lamps, Reflective Devices and Related Equipment.
According to our records, you are the registered owner of the following vehicles involved in this safety recall SR21-85:
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
We appreciate your patience while we are preparing the remedy. You will receive a second owner notification when the solution is available.
NOTICE REGARDING LEASED VEHICLES
If you are a Lessor of vehicles subject to this Notice, you have an obligation under Federal Law to send a copy of this Notice to all Lessees within 10 days.
For purposes of this Notice, the terms:
Leased motor vehicle means any motor vehicle that is leased to a person for a term of at least four months by a lessor who has leased five or more vehicles in the twelve months preceding the date of notification by the vehicle manufacturer of the existence of a safetyrelated defect or noncompliance with a Federal motor vehicle safety standard in the motor vehicle.
Lessor means a person or entity that is the owner, as reflected on the vehicle’s title, of any five or more leased vehicles (as defined in 49 CFR Section 577.4), as of the date of notification by the manufacturer of the existence of a safety-related defect or noncompliance with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard in one or more of the leased motor vehicles.
Lessee means a person who is the lessee of a leased motor vehicle as defined in this section.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR OWNERSHIP
If your address has changed, or you no longer own the vehicle(s), please help us update our records. Use the link below to access the Prevost Warranty Support web page https://www.prevostcar.com/parts-and-services/warranty
Click on the link ‘Change of address or ownership’, fill the form, save it and email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance, please contact your nearest Prevost Service Center. You will find the Prevost Parts & Service Centers location at this address:
You may submit a complaint if you believe that Prevost Car US has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within 60 days of the owners first tender to obtain repair following the earliest remedy program repair date mentioned above.
You may submit the complaint to the Administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration located at 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590, USA or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236, (TTY): 1-800-424-9153) or go to https://www.safercar.gov
We regret any inconvenience this may cause to your operations but hope you will appreciate our sincere efforts to demonstrate Prevost’s commitment to provide our customers with the best possible product.
Prevost Service Team
14 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-4RCLQRT-21V717-2232
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Noncompliance Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V717-4604
Recall 573 Report – December 7, 2021
Recall 573 Report- 04/08/2022RCLRPT-21V717-7879
Recall 573 Report- 05/02/2022RCLRPT-21V717-5242
Recall 573 Report- 06/27/2022RCLRPT-21V717-7179
Latest Recalls Documents
- LIGHTS DIM OVER TIME, REPLACE IN PAIRS: Your lights are a pair, one is never turned on without the other. If one bulb burns out, the other isn't far behind. Replace your H11 XtraVision Halogen bulbs in pairs for optimum performance.
- MORE DOWNROAD VISIBILITY: XtraVision bulbs have an enhanced downroad visibility with no added glare.
- RELIABLE DESIGN FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: XtraVision bulbs have a robust filament design and propriety gas mixture that can be driven for superior performance.
- MANUFACTURED TO BE DURABLE: XtraVision bulbs are designed and manufactured to improve your driving situation while providing maximum durability.
- THE SYLVANIA STANDARD OF QUALITY: With 100+ years in business, Sylvania is the world leader in automotive lighting for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and the aftermarket.
- Original Equipment Quality Seal For The Most Reliable Performance
- Always Replace In Pairs To Ensure A Symmetric Light Beam From Both Bulbs On The Road. Headlights Dim Over Time
- Headlight Bulbs By Philips, For Over 100 Years We Have Been Continuously Innovating Automotive Lighting
- When Installing A New Bulb, Never Touch The Glass. Either Use Gloves Or Paper Towel When Handling
- Significantly whiter light to improve comfort and safety
- 300% Brighter Than Halogen - Top Automotive Grade LED chips with 60W, 14,000LM per pair, 6500K cool white. Super focused beam pattern design provides wider and farther lighting range which is 3 times brighter than your original halogen bulb.
- Over 5,0000 Hours Lifespan - Whole aviation aluminum body, unique hollow carved heat sink design and 1,2000RPM turbo cool fan provide super cooling ability, which ensures a longer lifespan up to 5,0000 hours.
- 10 Minutes Easy Installation - Almost 1:1 mini design same as halogen, perfectly fit into your housing and factory sockets without any modification, just plug and play.
- CAN bus Ready for 98% Vehicles - Our bulbs work with 98% of vehicle's computer system without error, while some sensitive models of Ford, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Volvo, Lexus, Chrysler, Mini and etc may require additional CAN bus decoder to be installed.
- Note - The filter system may not be 100% accurate or up to date, please check your owner's manual or the part number on your original bulbs to confirm the bulb size. Refer to "how to pick the right bulb size" in our Product Description.
- Better Driving Experience: The H11 led bulbs is 400% brighter than Halogen bulbs, 100% wider vision than other bulbs, focus beam pattern illuminates reveal road signs, without blinding other drivers
- 650 Feet High Visibility: The 9005 bulbs centralized full beams, allowing you clearly see deer off to the side, avoid repair work and accident, take it easy through rural areas, deserted highways
- 10 Years Lifespan: With heatproof glass coating chips, the bulbs can perform well even you drive 12 hours every night, it lasts 30 times longer than halogen, not dim within 10 years
- 10 Minutes Installation: 0.5-inch ultra-thin heat sink, fit for 99% of cars, even with a dust cover. Replace old broken bulbs by yourself can saving your precious time to repair
- 6000K Eye-Protection Color: 6000K Cool White, the vision is crisp clearer than 3500K Halogen, the color is more comfortable than 6500K Bluish light, reduce eyestrain in nighttime driving
- 【IMPORTANT】Replacement for stock D2S HID headlights only, DOES NOT FIT if your car has stock Halogen/LED headlight.
- 100% Quartz Anti-UV Glass, Excellent in Performance. Up to 3800 Lumens - More Brighter than Original Standard HID Bulb.
- High Quality Xenon Gas and APL pills, Tungsten Metal Electrode.
- Increase 50m Irradiation Distance, Gain 4.5 Seconds more Brake Reaction Time.
- Pack of 2 Xenon HID Headlight Bulbs - D2S 35W - OEM Replacement - Original Quality - 24 Months Warranty.
- Get Up To 30% More Vision On The Road Compared To A Standard Minimum Legal Requirements In Low Beam Headlamp Test Results. Base: PGJ19-2
- Choose Philips Vision Headlights For Increased Comfort And Safety
- Universal Fit For Most Vehicles - If You Could Use A Boost Into Your Cab, This Bully Step Adds A Lot Of Elegant Form To The Function And Is Designed To Fit Most Trucks And Suvs
- All Philips Upgrade Headlights Are Dot Compliant
- 2 year warranty and life time support,2pcs packaged; Replacement part number: 66144 66140 85140 85415 (If there is any problem in the product,please contact us via Account Center,we will reply you within 24 hours)
- Enter trim of your vehicle to confirm the fitment; Important: Those HID bulbs are ONLY for replacement of your stock D1S/DS1 bulb, not for Halogen bulb EVEN IF it shows "Fit"
- The light is same as OEM bulb and is like the sun also make the driver more comfortable; Scientific design can reduce the chance of rain leakage and short circuit
- Produces light up to 3 times than halogen bulb, lumen of HID is up to 3200LM while lumen of halogen lamp is 800LM, and lower watts
- Lightened by tungsten filament, the lifespan of the bulb is five times than the halogen bulb with only more stable light output
- See Sylvania’s Application Guide in the Technical Details below to confirm compatibility
- More downroad performance than basic bulbs
- Increased downroad visibility with no added glare
- Proprietary filament design to increase performance and ensure durability
- Manufactured by trusted OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) light source supplier
- Increased Visibility: Filled with German high-purity xenon gas, 35W brings 300% brightness of 65W halogen bulbs. Even when traveling in the suburbs at night, it can clearly illuminate road signs or animals to avoid danger in time.
- Bright As Diamond: 6000K color temperature design, show about 10% blue under the effect of luminescence factor, which is cleaner and brighter than the traditional 4300K dim yellow, the vision of driving at night is clearer.
- Safer Driving: Equipped with a precise positioning ring, so that the bulb is in the best position in the reflective bowl. the bulb reaches its brightest level after a few seconds of lighting. Please confirm your car is HID assembly to avoid unable installation.
- Replacement Frequency Lower: IP67 aluminum shell prevents rain and snow from infiltrating cause bulb short circuit, and isolates the heat from the engine In case burning out. There is no need to replace it again within 5 years.
- Plug and Play: 1:1 size specification, without any circuit modification, simple installation steps, even your wife can easily replace it at home. Warm tips： 85% of cars that use HID bulbs also have halogen versions. Please DOUBLE CHECK your car uses HID bulbs. If you are not sure, please feel free to contact us for confirmation.
- The Choice Of All Leading Car Manufacturers
- Choose Philips Crystalvision Ultra Headlight Bulbs For The Look Of Hid And Get Bright White Light On The Road
- A Unique Blue Cap On The Bulb Creates A Cool Blue Effect In The Headlamp’S Reflector In Daytime
- Original Equipment Quality Seal For The Most Reliable Performance
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.