April 28, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V288000
A corroded APS circuit may send corrupted signals, causing unintended acceleration, a lack of acceleration, or a loss of drive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V288
Manufacturer Volvo Car USA, LLC
Components VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
Potential Number of Units Affected 5,351
Dealers will inspect for corrosion, install a cable splice to prevent water intrusion and, as necessary, replace the connector terminal and APS, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 20, 2022. Owners may contact Volvo Car at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo Car’s number for this recall is R10170.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
NEW VEHICLES IN RETAILER INVENTORY
It is a violation of federal law for a retailer to deliver any new Volvo that is eligible for a recall. Retailers are advised to check all vehicles in inventory for recall eligibility and repair immediately. Violation of this requirement by a retailer could result in a civil penalty of up to $22,723 per violation.
Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
USED VEHICLES IN RETAILER INVENTORY
Volvo Car USA is ordering the stop-delivery of affected vehicles in auction and retailer inventory until the recalled item can be repaired.
Stopping the delivery of affected used vehicles until the recall is complete is consistent with Volvo’s commitment to safety. Additionally, while Federal law does not prohibit the sale of used vehicles with open recalls, the sale of such cars could violate certain state laws and create liability on behalf of the retailer.
What does this mean for customers?
Customers will not be able to take delivery of affected vehicles until the recall has been completed.
When will this be resolved?
Volvo Cars Investigations have identified that water may enter the cable harness for the accelerator pedal. The water may cause corrosion in accelerator pedal internal circuits; this may cause the signals from the pedal to be corrupted increasing the risk of a crash.
The corrective action is to inspect for corrosion in the Accelerator Pedal Sensor (APS) and connector terminals and change if fault detected. In all cars a capillary breaking splice will be installed to prevent any risk of future water intrusion to the APS.
Volvo Cars centrally has not received any reports alleging injuries, fatalities, or crashes related to this condition.
A total of 5,351 U.S. and 459 Canadian vehicles are eligible for this recall.
Vehicle eligibility must be confirmed:
- Vehicle Inquiry – Warranty Vehicle Inquiry where the message “Recall R10170 Accelerator Pedal Sensor” will appear for eligible vehicles, F4+History from the main Inquiry menu must be selected to confirm Recall R10170 has not been completed. Eligibility can also be confirmed in TIE.
- Recall R10170 eligible vehicles not yet delivered to end customers must be corrected prior to delivery.
All vehicles must be checked for any incomplete recalls or service campaigns or service upgrades. All open Recall, Service Campaigns or Service Action repairs must be completed. If you have any questions concerning this recall or your retailers’ affected vehicles, please send an e-mail with your retailer code to email@example.com.
An owner notification letter will be sent out in late June that will notify the owner of this recall.
PARTS / PARTS RETURN
Parts are expected to be arriving in the U.S. in late May and we will release the retailer package with instructions around the same time. Please review Parts Bulletin R10170 once available.
As the safety of our customers is our upmost priority, we are taking full responsibility to ensure the highest quality and safety standards for our cars. If you have any questions about this recall or any other field service action, please send an e-mail with your retailer code to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claim submission instructions will be made available in the Quality Bulletin.
Retailers must perform this recall campaign on eligible vehicles regardless of miles/kilometers or vehicle age. All work performed under this recall is free of charge to the owner. As the safety of our customers is our upmost priority, we are taking full responsibility to ensure the highest quality and safety standards for our cars.
If you have questions about this recall or any other field service action, please contact me or any member of the Product Safety and Compliance office.
2 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V288-8402
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – April 28, 2022 Subject: Recall R10170RCMN-22V288-9508
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – May 13, 2022 Subject: Recall R10170RCMN-22V288-6882
Latest Recalls Documents
- ✅Black silicone tape,1 inch wide and 15 feet long, weather resistant/high temperature resistant/chemical resistant self fusing tape, stronger than other silicone tapes;
- ✅Insulation silicone tape, can provide insulation protection of high voltage cable and wire, single layer up to 8000v protect wires against harsh conditions and salt water;
- ✅Waterproof silicone tape, this silicone tape can be used for the sealing and leaking stoppage of water pipe, pipeline due to it is waterproof
- ✅High conformable soft silicone tape, suitable for irregular surfaces, ideal for hose repair for house-hold appliances
- ✅Non-adhesive silicone tape, the tape itself is not sticky, you just need to wrap it and overlap it, after applying pressure, the tape will melt by itself-which means that it does not need any messy adhesives that may leave any sticky residues.
- Easily Seal Outdoor Antenna Coaxial Cable & Electrical Connections from Moisture, Dust and Corrosion
- Thicker, Wider & Stronger Than Other Self-Fusing Silicone Tapes
- Easy to Apply - Easy to Remove - No Messy Adhesive - Sticks Only to Itself - Forms Permanent Bond
- Waterproof, UV, Saltwater, Chemical & Temperature Resistant
- S-T-R-E-T-C-H this tape up to 3 times its initial length when applying to activate it - Watch the installation video in the photo gallery
- Package include:2 rolls self fusing silicone Tape,Each roll of tape is 10feet long.The width of pipe hose repair tape is 1inch/2.5cm.
- Material:The multi-purpose adhesive tape is made of quality silicone material, lightweight and good durability, firm to use.
- Easy to use:Our silicone tapes they have no stickiness, just tear off the protective film and stretch tape for wrapping, the tape will self-melt and become a whole under certain pressure which can provide a sealed, insulating and waterproof environment.
- Wide use:This silicone tape can be used in wire winding or wire repair occasions.This waterproof silicone is an excellent helper for solving water pipe leaks.
- If you have any questions about our products, you can contact us by email, we will reply as soon as possible and solve your problem 100%
- Self-fusing Silicone Tape that does not melt up to 120°C (248°F). Ideal for emergency repairs for automotive, plumbing, marine, gardening, hose, electrical, outdoor and indoor applications.
- Waterproof Silicone rubber tape can withstand pressures of up to 1000 PSI, giving it a superior waterproof and air tight sealing performance for high pressure and high temperature pipe, hose, and HVAC leaks.
- Stretchable silicone plumbing tape for sealing that conforms even to small pipe diameters, tight corners and cold environments up to -50°C (-60°F).
- This clear silicone tape is corrosion-proof and has high resistance to heat, harsh solvents, chemicals; Meets UL 510 standards and ISO 9001 on Industrial Grade Sealing Applications.
- Insulates up to 600 volts/mil and dissipates heat generated well so as to resist melting, weathering and tearing. Best self bonding quick fix silicone tape for outdoor pipe and hose sealing; electric cable insulation; antenna coax connector; plumbing and duct repair; automotive and RV hose repair, hand and sporting tools grip and other emergency repairs.
- IDEAL FOR QUICK EMERGENCY REPAIRS. Our Self-Fusing Silicone Tape PRO is made from 100% Silicone that wraps around itself without the need of any adhesive, providing instant airtight and waterproof sealing to leaky hoses, pipes, electrical wiring, outdoor coax, wiring harnesses, and other fittings and connections. This stretch and seal tape is a must-have for plumbing, leak repair, and car or boat repair kits.
- WATERPROOF AND AIRTIGHT SEAL. Thanks to our PVC Pipe Leak Tape's 30mil thickness, it can withstand pressures of up to 910psi (6.27MPa) and stretch up to 4x its original length without the risk of breaking. This Pipe Repair Tape prevents moisture and vapor from permeating through pipes and drains.
- NO MESSY CLEANUP. The XFasten Silicone Repair Tape is made from pure silicone and is non-reactive and non-adhesive. It fuses to itself, is residue-free, does not leave a sticky residue, and does not react chemically to potable water or any fluids, regardless of chemical composition or pH. This Peel and Seal Tape is safe to use on pipes and storage tanks!
- HEAT AND CORROSION-PROOF. This High Heat Resistant Silicone tape resists salt, oil, and harsh chemicals against corrosion. You can use our extreme silicone tape for indoor and outdoor applications because it can withstand temperatures up to -94°F to 572°F.
- DESIGNED TO TAKE A BEATING. We created our Silicone Plumbers' Heat and Leak Tape to develop its tensile strength the more you stretch it, thus preventing it from breaking or puncturing against extreme temperature and pressure. This is why it works great for outdoor repairs as a self-sealing silicone tape and self-bonding tape for high-pressure pipe leaks!
- [Good waterproof effect] The interface sealing can be used for rupture pipeline repair and installation. Use with glass fiber tape, the effect is better, not only more waterproof, but also stronger hardness.
- [Self -melting, without glue] This waterproof seal tape is made of silicone. It does not have glue itself and will not leave the residue. After applying pressure, it will melt itself, thereby forming a good package and protection.
- [Insulation tape] Provides insulation protection of high -voltage cables and wires. A single layer of up to 8000V can protect cables in harsh conditions and saline.
- [Ultra -long size] 2 inches wide, 1 feet long, fusion tape with fusion/chemical/chemical resistance of breath/resistance/chemical resistance, stronger than other silicone tape;
- [Easy to use] You can install and repair without using other tools to help you save a lot of costs for installation and maintenance workers.
- Packing: transparent sealed bag/Size: 1 inch x 10 feet (0.5mm thick)/Color: Black. weather resistant/high temperature resistant/chemical resistant self fusing tape, stronger than other silicone tapes.
- Method of use: When stretching and winding, it is advisable to overlap by half. The last lap of winding is naturally overlapped. After winding, the layers are permanently fused into one layer, and can’t be reversed, after the blade cuts through the self-melting adhesive tape, the self-melting adhesive tape can conveniently fall off.
- Features: Temperature resistance range -50℃ ~ 280℃; Self-adhesive strength, oxidation resistance, ozone resistance, UV resistance, good weather resistance, good oil and other solvent resistance, corrosion resistance.
- APPLICATION: Perfect for sealing leaking pipes, radiators, broken seals, transformer, Coil, mechanical and electrical, automotive wiring harness, waterproofing electrical connections and much more. a great emergency repair tape to have in your toolbox.
- FEATURES: Waterproof, weatherproof, self-fusing, high temperature resistance, with a certain insulation properties, durable and environmental protection
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Seal leaky hoses, pipe, tubing; repair the outdoor antenna wire and cable; emergency hose repair etc.
- EASY TO USE: Easy to apply, easy to remove, no messy adhesive, sticks only to itself, forms permanent bond.
- GOOD WORK PERFORMANCE: Work even over wet, dirty or oily surfaces
- APPLICATION: Keep it on board vehicles & equipment for emergency hose repair
- APPLICATION: LLPT Miracle Self Fusing Rubber Tape is widely used on outdoor to fix antenna coax connector, pipe and hose sealing, electrical cable insulation, plug repair, joints protection, plumbing and duct repair, automotive and RV hose patching, sealing telecommunication cable, tie-up stuffs, marine and garden applications, hand tool and workout equipment grips, other emergency repair and so on.
- PRODUCT FEATURE: Extremely high bonding, self fusing rubber, ROHS certified material without adhesive layer to avoid any mess behind during your application or years during your removal; LLPT fusing tape is flexible, stretchable, easy to cut and real professional grade for high resistance of corrosion, heat, chemicals, waterproof, weatherproof and insulation; superior performance for water and air tight sealing.
- INSTALLATION: Remove the clear protective film, hold one end of tape whiling applying and stretch the tape at least 200% at first 3 overlapped coiling to seal tighter on the object (STRETCH WHILE WRAPPING); LLPT self fusing rubber tape provides immediate bonding, takes 5-10 minutes to form a steady & strong barrier on overlaps; maximize the overlapping can provide stronger holding strength.
- SAFETY: LLPT Rubber Fusing Tape is UL certified for high voltage insulation and works at extremely condition from -20°C to 75°C, insulates up to 10KV without melting, withstand pressure close to 1500 PSI, safe to elongate the tape to 300% of original length without damaging the performance of tape and a life saver product at home, office, store and even in car.
- LLPT-TAPES: LLPT produces various tapes for industrial & commercial use with ideal sizes & thickness based on the desires of users. LLPT is dedicated to provide high utility on the product with competitive price & great packing protection during transition. Search LLPT-TAPES on Amazon for other tapes like Butyl Tape, Dry Erase Tape, Mounting Tape, Hook Loop Tape, Carpet Tape, Woodworking Tape, Nano Tape, Silicon Seal Tape and so on.
- Works like duct tape but leagues better on sealing & waterproofing action - The silicone tape is so strong, that once fused it will be virtually impossible to unravel, and you will only be able to cut it with a knife. The tape is also extremely sticky to itself, ensuring an ever-lasting bond that seals most common pipe leaks. Works on wet surfaces but bonds best when dry.
- A Super Versatile Silicone Rubber Tape sealant - commonly used as a plumbing tape or pipe repair wrap to end stubborn leaks thanks to it's super sticky self-fusing and super stretchable properties.
- Leaves no Sticky Residue - this silicone rubber tape is designed to leave minimal residue. As a rescue tape for quick temporary fixes, you don't want it to leave hard-to-clean residues when it's finally time for permanent fix. And often the permanent fix is just a more generous layer of silicone tape!
- High heat and corrosion resistance - it's basically silicone rubber made into a tape. And silicone is a well known material with superb heat and cold resistance, and also can tolerate exposure to harsh acidic chemicals. People make baking molds and trays out of it, so making a sealant tape out of silicone is a no brainer.
- A must have for emergencies - a roll or two of silicone rubber tape in your emergency repair kit is the best companion to your ever trusted roll of duct tape. Have it at home, in your car, in your boat, or anywhere you think a duct-tape would and you'll surely be ready for anything - well almost.
Last update on 2023-01-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.