August 2, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V597000
In the event that a mobility device pushes into the outer barrier, the barrier may fail, increasing the risk of injury for the lift occupant.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V597
Manufacturer Volvo Bus Corporation
Components EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE/MOBILITY
Potential Number of Units Affected 368
Volvo Bus Corporation (Volvo Bus) is recalling certain 2009-2021 Volvo 9700 vehicles equipped with wheelchair lifts. When the lift’s outer barrier is fully deployed, it may not withstand a sufficient amount of force, which could cause it to fail. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard numbers 403, “Platform Lift Systems” and 404, “Platform Lift Installations.”
Volvo Bus will reinforce the outer barrier with additional supports, free of charge. Interim owner notification letters were mailed on September 28, 2021. Owner notification letters were mailed on March 18, 2022. Owners may contact Volvo Bus customer service at 1-866-870-2046.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
NHTSA SAFETY RECALL
#21V-597 March 18, 2022
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle(s), see VIN list below.
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
According to Ricon, “When the outer barrier is fully deployed, it cannot withstand a 7,117 N (1,600 pounds) force when tested in accordance with FMVSS 403, S7.13 and does not meet the requirements of FMVSS 403, S184.108.40.206.”. In addition to the above, the vehicle would not comply with FMVSS 404 S4.1.1.
If an occupant’s mobility device unexpectedly drives or pushes into the deployed outer barrier and it is unable to withstand the minimum designated amount of force, the integrity or performance of the outer barrier may be affected and can increase the risk of injury to the lift occupant.
IDENTIFICATION OF ANY WARNING THAT CAN PRECEDE
Units remedied in the field and new production lifts will incorporate a RH and LH side barrier support feature above the outer barrier hinge axis that will aid in rotationally constraining the outer barrier when it is loaded in the fully deployed position. The support feature will redistribute and reduce torsional stresses in the barrier hinge pin assemblies to withstand the application of 7,117 N (1,600 lb force) in compliance with the requirements of S220.127.116.11.
We are submitting this recall report to fulfill 49CFR573/577 requirements related to regulatory noncompliance and ensure proper traceability.
According to our records, you are the registered owner of the following vehicles involved in this safety recall SR21-84:
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Please make an appointment to your nearest Prevost Service Center and refer to SR21-84 to have the work performed free of charge.
The time to remedy your vehicle if required is 3/4 hour (0.75 h).
Optionally, you may have the work performed by qualified personnel of your choice, following the Safety Recall SR21-84 procedure that can be found on Prevost Technical Publications web site at this address: http://techpub.prevostcar.com/en/
Prevost will reimburse you the parts and labor as described in the SR21-84 procedure. Please file an online warranty claim following normal Campaign procedures if you are a registered customer, otherwise, contact the Prevost Warranty Department at 1-866-870-2046 for reimbursement instructions.
If you have previously paid for repairs as a result of this issue, you may be entitled to recovery of those expenses. Prevost Car US will reimburse the claimant by check for the reasonable amount paid for repairs (i.e. the cost of parts, labor, disposal fees and taxes) that addressed the defect as stated in the safety recall notification. To qualify, repairs must have been completed no earlier than one year prior to the release of the recall and no later than 10 days after the release of the recall mailing of the initial customer notification letter pertaining to the recall. To get reimbursed, please file an online warranty claim following normal Campaign procedures if you are a registered customer, otherwise, contact the Prevost Warranty Department at 1-866-870-2046 for reimbursement instructions.
NOTICE REGARDING LEASED VEHICLES
If you are a Lessor of vehicles subject to this Notice, you have an obligation under Federal Law to send a copy of this Notice to all Lessees within 10 days.
For purposes of this Notice, the terms:
Leased motor vehicle means any motor vehicle that is leased to a person for a term of at least four months by a lessor who has leased five or more vehicles in the twelve months preceding the date of notification by the vehicle manufacturer of the existence of a safety-related defect or noncompliance with a Federal motor vehicle safety standard in the motor vehicle.
Lessor means a person or entity that is the owner, as reflected on the vehicle’s title, of any five or more leased vehicles (as defined in CFR Section 577.4), as of the date of notification by the manufacturer of the existence of a safety-related defect or noncompliance with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard in one or more of the leased motor vehicles.
Lessee means a person who is the lessee of a leased motor vehicle as defined in this section.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR OWNERSHIP
If your address has changed, or you no longer own the vehicle(s), please help us update our records. Use the link below to access the Prevost Warranty Support web page http://www.prevostcar.com/parts-and-services/warranty
Click on the link ‘Change of address or ownership’, fill the form, save it and email the file to email@example.com.
If you need assistance, please contact your nearest Prevost Service Center. You will find the Prevost Parts & Service Centers location at this address: https://www.prevostcar.com/contact-us/prevost-service-centers
You may submit a complaint if you believe that Prevost Car US has failed or is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within 60 days of the owners first tender to obtain repair following the earliest remedy program repair date mentioned above.
You may submit the complaint to the Administrator of the National Highway Traffic
Safety Administration located at 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC
20590, USA or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236, (TTY): 1800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov
We regret any inconvenience this may cause to your operations but hope you will appreciate our sincere efforts to demonstrate Prevost’s commitment to provide our customers with the best possible product.
Prevost Service Team
13 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Noncompliance Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V597-9175
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RIONL-21V597-7801
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V597-1605
Recall 573 Report- 04/20/2022RCLRPT-21V597-4877
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2022-1RCLQRT-21V597-8697
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【High-Quality & Comfortable Materials】Our toilet wheelchairs are made of steel pipe with high strength, sturdiness and durability, and can withstand a weight of up to 330lbs.
- 【Product advantages】Shake the crank to adjust the height. Soft and comfortable armrest. Detachable backrest, easy to lean on detachable for easy cleaning. Rubber foot pads, non-slip texture, improved safety. Breathable cushion, made of double-layer high-grade Oxford cloth material, not tired after sitting for a long time.
- 【Kinds of cushions】equipped with two kinds of cushions. Soft cushion (18x16in): suitable for normal use; toilet cushion (cushion size: 18x16in; toilet hole size: 9.8*7.8in), use this cushion to move to the toilet or toilet seat to use the toilet.
- 【Universal Wheel with Brake】Our commode chair is equipped with 4 universal wheels, which can facilitate you to adjust the direction of travel at any time. Each wheel is equipped with a brake to ensure that you can brake the wheelchair at any time during use.
- 【Multifunctional Commode Chair】This equipment has several purposes and may be used as a bedside commode, bathroom chair, patient lift, or wheelchair. The elderly can use it to perfectly solve the trouble of being unable to go to the toilet by themselves. The disabled or recovered patients can bathe smoothly with its help.
- [Double rocker arm rotation lifting] Manual lifting is a nursing device that helps the disabled to move freely. The double rocker arm rotates and lifts, with a booster system, even children can easily lift. It is suitable for people with inconvenient legs and feet, long-term bed rest, and postoperative recovery.
- [Wheelchair specifications] The bottom length is 25.5 inches, the bottom width is 22 inches, the height can be adjusted from 33.5 to 45 inches, the seat height from the ground: 17 to 29 inches, the cushion size is 17.8x15.8 inches, and the thickened square tube can bear 220 pounds.
- [Avoid secondary injury to the disabled] 180 degree open and close, no need to lift the patient, easy care, solve the problem of difficult movement from wheelchair to sofa, bed, toilet, wheelchair, etc., convenient for travel, toileting, bathing, treatment and other nursing work .
- [Safety and Convenience Swivel Casters] The whole is made of thick steel, waterproof and corrosion-resistant, and the bottom can be detachable. The bedpan is more convenient to use. The 360 degree ultra-quiet swivel casters and the caster brake prevent the patient from being lifted when the elevator moves.
- [Improving the quality of life of the disabled] Nursing staff can easily transfer patients, greatly reducing the work intensity of nursing staff, and at the same time expanding the range of activities for people with disabilities to provide quality of life.
- 【Disabled Products for Adults Car】 LWIEDGNA simple and easy to use transfer lift for transferring patient from the wheelchair to the bed, car, or another chair. Designed to hold 330 lbs, it is recommended to carry no more than 220 lbs for comfort. Please measure your vehicle before purchasing our product because our product does not fit all vehicles. Weighs (50 lbs.), detachable, and stores in the trunk.
- 【Material】 The whole body is made of thick steel, waterproof and corrosion resistant, strong bearing capacity, handrails made of soft sponge, 360° lockable silent rubber 4 casters, impact resistance. A transfer seat that is safer and more stable than a transfer board. Height-adjustable wheelchair lifts for home 34.64"-46.45", helps caregivers safely assist passengers while entering and exiting a vehicle.
- 【Lifter for Elderly Specifications】 Bottom width adjustment 22.44" - 29.52"; bottom length 30.71"; height adjustment 34.64" - 46.45"; when the seat belt height is 11.02", seat height from ground: 15.75"-27.56", the length of the seat belt can be adjusted from 0-17.71"; Seat cushion with backrest: 33.85"x17.71"; Seat Cushion: 17.71"x15.75 ", Hole Size: 9.84"x 7.87". (This type of lift is suitable for people who can sit up in the upper body and have strength in their arms.)
- 【Rocker Arm Rotation Lifting】Manual lifting is a nursing device that helps the disabled to move freely. Shake the crank to adjust the height, even children can easily lift. Soft and comfortable armrest. Detachable backrest, easy to lean on detachable for easy cleaning. Rubber foot pads, non-slip texture, improved safety. Breathable cushion, made of double-layer high-grade Oxford cloth material, not tired after sitting for a long time.
- 【Universal Wheel with Brake】LWIEDGNA commode chair is equipped with 4 universal wheels with brake, which can facilitate you to adjust the direction of travel at any time. The height of the wheels is 5.9", and the clearance height at the bottom of the bed needs to be above 6" before it can be used. Cushion with backrest, ordinary cushion, ordinary cushion with seat hole, there are 3 different cushions, which can be adjusted according to needs, waterproof material, comfortable sitting.
- [4 IN 1 WHEELCHAIR LIFT]: This equipment has several purposes and may be used as a patient lift, wheelchair, bedside commode, or bathroom chair. It can roll straight over most toilets and into the shower, reducing manual handling and transfers for caregivers. Easy to move patients to the dining room, toilet, bathroom, outdoor, sofa and bed etc. Ideal for the elderly, disabled or anyone needing assistance in the shower.
- [VERSATILITY]: The premium hydraulic pump is designed to raise, lift and transfer patients gradually from any position to ensure safety and comfort. Seat height can be adjusted between 17 in -24 in. The 180° split seat base allows it to effortlessly move most immobile patients, crippled people, and wheelchair users. The 4.7-inch under-bed gap permits access beneath most beds. The chair has a 46cm wide seat with a soft foam cushion and can be used as a commode chair.
- [SAFER PATIENT TRANSFERS]: Front and rear silent casters with a lock mechanism. You can securely stop the wheelchair. The back casters are 360° movable for you to turn in any direction. And easily adjustable rear back seat locks and front armrest fall prevention increase safety. Thicker steel pipe support frame, 2.0 thick steel pipe, safety protection. PAYRFV provides quality and durable patient lift wheelchair, helps eliminate dangerous slips and falls.
- [BATH CHAIR AND COMMODE CHAIR]: Convenient to use as a shower toilet since it allows the user to shower without changing seats or standing up. Commode Opening Allows quick and easy access to toileting and personal hygiene cleaning. Additional toilet bucket with a lid for users to comfortably use. Meanwhile, they can be easily engaged or released with the foot pedal. Allows users to enjoy bathing in a relaxing position.
- [PROFESSIONAL & HOME USE]: This affordable portable patient lift is a great option for homecare equipment, and is also perfect for nursing homes and medical facilities. This is a lightweight economical chair for accessible or roll-in showers where space is at a premium. It is great for the elderly, disabled and handicapped patients. Not suitable for patients with general paralysis. Maximum load capacity 290lb. 290 lb safe working load fits people between 4'5" and 6'6" tall.
- ✅Maximum 600 lb weight capacity, safe use.
- ✅Length 8', Width 28.4", Be folded in 4'x 14.17"x6.3" for storage, N. W: 49.6 lb.
- ✅Non-skid Blank Sand Paper Material Upper, Welt Suitcase Ramps,Has a Handle for Easy Carrying.
- ✅Accomodates wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations.
- ✅Great for elderly residential home porch entrance, disabled door access, dog and child wheelchair, stairs, steps, truck, vans, cars.
- -Product Dimension: 31-3/4” (W) × 44-3/4” (L) × 6”(H). Inside Bed Dimensions: 29-3/4" (W) x 43-3/4" (L) x 5" (H). Ramp Dimensions: 29-3/4" (W) x 42-1/2" (L)
- -Heavy-duty steel construction with Pull locks. Durable black powder coated finish.
- -Has a 3" safety rail. 2" hitch Receiver, hitch class III or IV. 2-position carrier (Open L-shape & open flat)
- -Weight Capacity of Ramp: 500 lbs. Total weight: 73 Lbs
- -Handle on the ramp for easy folding and unfolding. 11 Tie-down points
- SAFER HANDICAPPED TRANSFERS: Front and rear silent casters with a lock mechanism. You can securely stop the wheelchair. The back casters are 360° movable for you to turn in any direction. And easily adjustable rear back seat locks and front armrest fall prevention increase safety. Thicker steel pipe support frame, 2.0 thick steel pipe, safety protection.provides quality and durable Handicapped lift wheelchair, helps eliminate dangerous slips and falls.
- Easy To Store: Lightweight, Foldable And Foldable Wheelchair, Which Folds Up Very Quickly, And Is Very Compact. It Fits Most Small Trunks And Is Very Easy To Travel On A Truck Or Airplane.
- PROFESSIONAL & HOME USE: This affordable portable Handicapped lift is a great option for homecare equipment, and is also perfect for nursing homes and medical facilities. This is a lightweight economical chair for accessible or roll-in showers where space is at a premium. It is great for the elderly, disabled and handicapped Handicapped. Not suitable for Handicapped with general paralysis. Maximum load capacity 290lb.
- BATH CHAIR AND COMMODE CHAIR: Convenient to use as a shower toilet since it allows the user to shower without changing seats or standing up. Commode Opening Allows quick and easy access to toileting and personal hygiene cleaning. Additional toilet bucket with a lid ?for users to comfortably use. Meanwhile, they can be easily engaged or released with the foot pedal. Allows users to enjoy bathing in a relaxing position.
- 4 IN 1 WHEELCHAIR LIFT: This equipment has several purposes and may be used as a Handicapped lift, wheelchair, bedside commode, or bathroom chair. It can roll straight over most toilets and into the shower, reducing manual handling and transfers for caregivers. Easy to move Handicapped to the dining room, toilet, bathroom, outdoor, sofa and bed etc. Ideal for the elderly, disabled or anyone needing assistance in the shower.
- 【Multipurpose Wheel Chair】This machine can solve the problem of mutual displacement between the wheelchairs, sofa, bed, toilet, seat, etc. for elderly and handicapped people with limited mobility. This is a product that combines 5 types of machines, and can be used as a wheelchair, shower chair, commode chair, walker and patient lift at the same time.
- 【Multi-dimensional Body Design】The 360° split seat can be opened to the left and right sides to enclose the patient, and the patient can sit in the machine without moving and standing. The double buckle (seat lock and seat belt) on the outside of the backrest provide double security. All 4 medical mute casters are equipped with wheel-brake system. The 2 rear casters can rotate smoothly in 360°. The infusion tube is detachable. The potty has an integrated handle and can be operated with one hand.
- 【Moto Driving Lifting】The 7.1'' stepless adjustable lift motor allows you to adjust the seat height (17.3’’ to 24.4’’) effortlessly. Both the motor and the remote control are equipped with lifting buttons. Except for the motor and remote control, all other parts of this chair are waterproof. Before the patient takes a shower, the motor needs to be removed, which takes 1 second. We also provide a charger for this motor. After charging for 3 hours, the motor can be used for more than 10 days.
- 【Durable Product Material】This chair uses thickened steel tube as the main structure, and the seat can support up to 310 lb. The higher PU material backrest, larger aluminum alloy pedals, and longer armrests provide users with a delicate touch and a soft and comfortable experience. The front part of this adult potty chair is equipped with 2 foldable handles, which saves more space. The back handles are designed on the outside of the backrest to ensure the integrity and comfort of the backrest.
- 【Applicable People and Places】This product is designed for the elderly, retardee, pregnant women, disabled people, incontinent people, paralyzed patients, fracture patients and newly recovered people. It can be used in living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms, wards, toilets, bathrooms, study rooms, terraces, gardens and other places. Unlike traditional lightweight transport chairs, this chair can also be used as a mobility aids & equipment, commode chair for toilet with arms or shower wheelchair.
- Materials: Made of Oxford cloth mixing with cotton which makes the item feel soft, you would feel super comfortable when it touched with your skins. Handles and shoulder straps are very strong.Withstand the weight is 220 lb.
- Reduce Stress: Even two person could operate it easily, this paralyzed belt could help reduce the pressure of home nursing and family care effectively.
- Function: Simple and easy to use transfer pad for transferring patient from the wheelchair to the bed, sofa,car,wheelchairs, or another chair.
- 8 handles+2 shoulder straps help distribute the patients weight evenly over, ease positioning and transfer safety.8 handles for short distance/Strong people to use; 8 handles+2 shoulder for long distance/Weak people to use
- Suitable for people who are paralyzed, elderly, Bariatric Patient,disabled or injured. Note: This product is not suitable for Patient Lift Hydraulic
- Polyester Fabric makes it durable and reuse,reinforced stitching at handles,4 handles help distribute the patients weight evenly over, ease positioning and transfer safety.
- Lightweight transfer belt withstand the weight is 220 lb; Extra fixed band to tighten the waist and thigh to hold the patient safe.
- Simple and easy to use transfer pad for transferring patient from the wheelchair to the bed, car, or another chair.
- Transport board belt for Medical Transport,Healthcare Bed Transferring,Daily Living and Home Care Mobility Devices, Fit Wheelchair Users, Elderly, Bariatric Patient, Disabled, Handicap.
- NOTE: Two or three caregivers are needed to move the patient, only one caregiver can not move the patient.
Last update on 2022-08-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.