The sunroofs on the affected vehicles have a switch on the overhead console that may not be adequately recessed to prevent the switch from being unintentionally pressed. When pressed, the sunroof may fully close.
As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 118, “Power-Operated Window, Partition, and Roof Panel Systems.”
If the switch is unintentionally pressed and the sunroof panel closes, there is an increased risk of occupant injury.
Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will perform a software upgrade that disables the auto-close function, free of charge.
The recall began June 24, 2016.
Volvo’s number for this recall is R89702.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Welcome to the new VIDA. Several years of development have been put into this new workshop application. We have incorporated feedback from our users, as well as made changes to accommodate our future vehicles. VIDA 2015 has an extensive HELP section which can be reached at any time simply by hitting the “F1” button on your keyboard.
VIDA 2015 is 100% internet based, which means you will always have the most current information at your fingertips. Changes and corrections can be applied with a much shorter lead time.
- Volvo Standard Time (VST) information is integrated into VIDA.
- Starting with XC90, fault tracing will be displayed and shown in a ranked order.
- Wiring Diagrams will be an integrated part of the repair process.
So install VIDA 2015 and explore the great changes and improvements of this new workshop application.
Vehicle Communication Tools
A vehicle communication tool transfers data from a VIDA workstation to the correct receiver in the vehicle.
DiCE uses a Bluetooth connection to transfer information between VIDA and the vehicle. A USB cable can be used as an alternative to the Bluetooth connection.
Please note that no third party Bluetooth dongles can be used with DiCE, only Volvo Cars DiCE equipment can be used.
It is possible to connect more than one DiCE to VIDA and download software to as many as three vehicles in parallel and have one vehicle in the diagnostic workflow at the same time. One VIDA workstation with four DiCEs can thus handle four vehicles simultaneously.
- J2534-1 can be used to download software to vehicles from, and Including, model year 2004. J2534-1 manages software to control modules on CAN HS (Controller Area Network High Speed) that are emission related. J2534-1 cannot be used for diagnostics.
- J2534-2 manages software download to control modules on both CAN HS and CAN MS (Controller Area Network Middle Speed).
For more information regarding these devices, please contact the respective manufacturer.