January 14, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V032000
Unintended vehicle movement can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V032
Manufacturer Volvo Trucks North America
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,220
Volvo Trucks North America (Volvo) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Volvo VNL vehicles equipped with an automated manual transmission. An internal component in the clutch assembly may fail, possibly resulting in unintended vehicle movement.
Volvo has notified owners and dealers will update the Transmission Control Module software, free of charge. The recall began February 1, 2019. Owners can contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-528-6586. Volvo’s number for this recall is RVXX1901.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Transmission Electronic Control Unit
(TECU), Software Update
VNL SAFETY RECALL INFORMATION:
Volvo Trucks has been informed by Eaton Corporation, plc (Eaton) that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety may exist in certain automated manually shifted heavy duty vehicles equipped with an UltraShift PLUS, Fuller Advantage, or SmartAdvantage automated transmission model. The defect is a result of an internal component within the clutch assembly which may be out of specification and fail. In special circumstances this failure could cause the clutch component to inhibit clutch departure. If clutch departure becomes inhibited, unintended vehicle motion could occur causing a vehicle impact.
Eaton will remedy the defect by providing a software update. If the clutch assembly was produced between April 1, 2017 and June 5, 2018, and the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) software is less than 5569997, update the software to 5569997 (Date release version 1812-01-SCB-2682) or greater. The software update is available in ServiceRanger™ 4.
QUANTITY of VEHICLES AFFECTED
The total number of vehicles affected by this recall is 1261 (USA 1219, and Canada 42).
- Eaton’s ServiceRanger™ 4 software is required to enable an upgrade to the TECU software part number 556997 (Date release version 1812-01-SCB-2682)
- If Eaton’s ServiceRanger™ 4 software is not installed on your PC, contact Eaton for this software @ roadranger.com or 1-800-826-HELP (4357)
The software will be available with a PRO license after January 2, 2019
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL RVXX1901
NHTSA RECALL # ******
DEAR VOLVO TRUCK OWNER:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Volvo Trucks North America has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Volvo 2018 and 2019 VNL model vehicles manufactured from April 3, 2017 through June 11, 2018 with an Eaton automated manual transmission.
|SAFETY DEFECT:||On certain vehicles equipped with an Eaton automated manual transmission and electronic clutch actuator (ECA), a manufacturing problem could cause the clutch to fail. If this occurs, the broken clutch components could prevent the transmission from disengaging or shifting to neutral.|
|SAFETY RISK:||If the transmission does not disengage, the vehicle could move unexpectedly, even if the parking brake is applied. This could increase the risk of a crash.|
|PRECAUTIONS YOU CAN TAKE:||There are no precautions you can take other than having your vehicle inspected and repaired if needed by a Volvo Parts and Service Center.|
|TIME REQUIRED FOR THE REPAIR:||The time required to repair your vehicle is approximately 1 hour.|
|WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:||You should contact the nearest Volvo Parts and Service Center and make an appointment. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) software will be updated at no charge to you.
You can locate the closest Volvo Parts and Service Center by going on line to http://www.volvo.com/trucks/na/en-us/dealers/ and selecting “Dealer Locator” or by calling our toll-free number: (800) 528-6586.
|NOTICE REGARDING LEASED VEHICLES:||If you are a Lessor of vehicles subject to this Notice, you have an obligation under Federal Law to provide a copy of this Notice to all Lessees within 10 days of your receipt of this Notice. Further, you must maintain a record, which identifies the Lessee(s) to whom you send a copy of this letter, the date you send this letter and the Vehicle Identification Number(s) of the vehicle that you have leased to that lessee. For purposes of this Notice, the term Lessor means: a person or entity that is the owner, as reflected on the vehicle’s title, of any five or more leased vehicles (as defined in CFR Section 577.4), as of the date of notification by the manufacturer of the existence of a safety-related defect or non-compliance with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard in one or more of the leased motor vehicles.|
|OWNER RECALL RESPONSE CARD:||The enclosed “Notice of Vehicle Recall” identifies your vehicle. If you no longer own the vehicle, please help us update our records by completing the “Vehicle Disposition Record” portion of the enclosed postage-free Notice of Mandatory Safety Campaign card and mailing it back to us.|
|Volvo Trucks North America
Regulatory Affairs Department,
P.O. Box 26115
Greensboro, NC 27402-6115
[email protected]volvo.comYou may also submit complaints to the Administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington DC 20590 or call the toll-free Auto Safety Hot Line at 1-888327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov if you believe that Volvo has failed to remedy the defect without charge, or has failed to remedy the vehicle within 60 days of the owners first tender to obtain repair following the earliest time that parts are available.If you have previously paid for repairs as a result of this issue, you may be entitled to recovery of those expenses.
|PRE NOTIFICATION REMEDIES:||Submit copies of all documentation supporting your claim according to the rules specified in the “General Plan for Reimbursement of Prenotification Remedies” provided in this mailing.|
We regret any inconvenience this may cause to your operation, but hope you will appreciate our sincere efforts to demonstrate Volvo’s commitment to provide our customers with the best possible product.
VOLVO TRUCKS NORTH AMERICA
2 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Heavy Duty Commercial Truck Reprogramming
|USB-Link 2 (Wi-Fi)
Product Number USBLINK2WF
NEXIQ Technologies Vehicle Interface Utility
The USB-Link 2, the next generation vehicle interface from NEXIQ Technologies, has arrived.
Dependable and rugged, the new USB-Link 2 is five times faster than its predecessor. It has sixteen times more random access memory than the old USB-Link, and it supports heavier bus loads on simultaneous channels. For even more reliability, we’ve upgraded the USB connector to a more robust, automotive grade connector with a latching mechanism. The USB-Link 2 is compatible with a wide range of OEM software applications.
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- CAN / J1939 / ISO15765 – 250K, 500 K, 1M b/s with Auto Baud detection (3 channels)
- Single wire CAN (SWCAN)
- ISO 11898-3 Fault Tolerant CAN (FTCAN)
- J1850 VPW (Class 2)
- J1850 PWM (SCP)
- ISO 9141 / KWP2000 (ISO 14230) K/L line
- ALDL 9600 and 8192 baud
- ATEC 160 baud
Operating System Support
- Windows Vehicle Communication API
- PC Operating System Compatibility
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit)
- Interfaces to Computing Platforms
- USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi (dual band)
Nexiq USB-Link 2 Kit Includes:
- NEXIQ USB-Link 2
- 6-pin/9-pin Deutsch adapter
- Latching USB cable
|Nexiq Blue-Link Mini
Product Number NQ126015
Nexiq Blue Link Mini™ Vehicle Communication Interface
Use Your Mobile Device To Make The Connection!
The Blue-Link Mini is not a supported device for use with DiagnosticLink. For complete details regarding DiagnosticLink, please login with your SSO ID.
The NEXIQ Blue-Link Mini enables you to use either your iOS or Android devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets) to communicate with heavy duty vehicles for quick access to basic diagnostic information. It plugs into the vehicle’s diagnostic connector, and provides wireless communication with on-board electronic control units.
If you are a driver, a service writer, or a service technician using the Blue-Link Mini as a triage tool, wireless vehicle communication was never easier.
NEXIQ Technologies is currently working with the American Trucking Association’s Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) to develop a standardized communication protocol for mobile devices. This standard will make developing applications for the Blue-Link Mini a straightforward task.
- Small—fits in your pocket
- Wireless—no cables required
- Reliable Bluetooth communication
- Fast—lets you quickly gather a snapshot of vehicle statistics
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices (pairs easily with both)
- Integrated 9-pin Deutsch connector
- Simple, one-button design to put the device in Discovery mode
- When paired with an iOS or Android application (e.g., DTNA eLink), provides quick access to:
- Fault codes
- Basic parameters
- Vehicle specs
- Fuel level
Note: For more information on DTNA-eLink, see the Mobile App tab below.
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- 3 CAN Channels (CAN / J1939 / SO15765 -250K, 500K, 1Mb/s with Auto Baud detection)
For Detroit PSL:
DiagnosticLink Order Site:
DiagnosticLink Direct Link:
DiagnosticLink Through Access Freightliner:
- NL102PLUS HEAVY DUTY diagnostic scanner from NEXAS supports all heavy duty trucks in compliance with standard protocols (
J1587，J1939 and J1708 Class 4- class 8 trucks). And also engine check diagnostic for all passenger cars & light duty vehicles from 1996 on.
- Trucks appliance: for Cummings, for Detroit, for Maxxforce, for Caterpillar, for Freightliner, for International, for Kenworth, for John Deere, for Peterbilt, for Sterling, for Mack, for Paccar, for Westernstar, for Mecedes Benz, for Volvo, for Scania, for Man, for Renault, for ERF, for Foden, for Seddon-Atkinson, for Iveco, for DAF, for SISU, for STEYR, for ISUZU; and all Cars /min vans / light duty from 1996.
- DPF Regeneration And Oil Service Reset:
Force DPF regen for Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, ISUZU, and HINO from 2010 till now . Oil service reset for Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce from 2010 till now .(Note: Water Temperature is higher than 80 Degree and engine at idle speed for at least 10 minutes.)
- Supported Truck Systems: engine, transmission, instrument panel, drivetrain, braking system, suspension, ABS, ESP, EPS, fuel system and more, which are in compliance with
J1939, J1708 and J1587 protocols. Generally for American HD trucks ( Class4-Class8) are from 2006 on.
- FREE UPDATE & EXCELLENT SERVICE----2.8 inch TFT color screen design and user friendly software interface guide you to operate it as easy as pie.We provide one year warranty & lifetime free software online update and professional service team for your any questions within 24 hours.
- 【HDOBD+OBDII】 LAUNCH CR-HD professional heavy duty truck scan tool will work on J1587, J1708 and J1939 Protocols trucks. Covers class 4 (14,001 lbs) through class 8 (33,000 lbs and over) heavy duty trucks. It does not only work on heavy duty trucks, but also work on 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and 2005 Asian-based cars, light duty trucks (12V only) and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles.
- 【Multisystem Diagnostics】 This HDOBD truck code reader will read or clear fault codes on engine, transmission, brake, instrument panel, vehicle management, fuel system, cab climate and particulate control unit, show the live data in text and graph.
- 【Wide Coverage】 For Freightliner,Kenworth,Mack,International,Sterling,Paccar,Peterbilt,Caterpillar,Western Star after 2006,For Mercedez-Benz,MAN,Scania,Volvo,Renault,ERF,Foden,Seddon-Atikinson,Iveco,DAF,Sisu, Steyr, Isuzu, Hino after 2012, and all Cars /min vans / light duty from 1996.
- 【Fast and Accuracy】 Rapidly communicates to the cars or heavy duty trucks, reads monitor status and identify OBD II communication protocol in 5 seconds. Instantly read and clear error codes, displays the codes definition on the screen, shows data stream and freeze fame, does O2/EVAP/On-board system test.
- 【Humanized Design】 Applied 2.8" color LCD with friendly interface, help you more intuitive and better diagnosis. Equipped with 6PIN, 9PIN, and 16PIN diagnostic connectors, which can provide highest quality, most efficient, and most professional diagnostic service.
- Packed with top-notch features such as reading and erasing generic codes on engine, transmission, body controller, chassis control, cruise control, ABS, instrument cluster, etc. Displaying DTCs definition, showing live data, vehicle information and ECU information.
- Detailed Vehicle Information is able to be get, such as: Engine Speed, Total Idle Hours/ Fuel Used, Average Fuel Economy, Total Vehicle hours, Total Vehicle Distance, Total PTO Hours, Total Engine Revolutions, and so on.
- A a great deal for class 8 diesel trucks and engines whoever are supported by J1939 or J1587/J1708. Covers most ECU like Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, John Deere, Peterbilt, Sterling, Mack, Mecedes Benz, VOLVO, etc.
- Powered supply afforded directly by vehicles, comes with both a 6-pin and a 9-pin cable for maximum vehicle compatibility, and a micro USB cahle for update via the Internet.
- We stand behind KYZEE products 100% and guarantee 2 YEARS warranty and support life-time free software update. （Attention, it CAN NOT be updated on MAC SYSTEM !!!）Anything occurs, feel free to contact us, all messages will be replied within 24 hrs
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL SCAN TOOL】 After accessing to the diagnostic interface of Autel scanner MK808, you'll enjoy a variety of features available including oil reset and EPB/BMS/SAS/ DPF, basic TPMS service (MK808 could not program tire sensor), which are used for the safety and efficient maintenance of vehicle systems.
- 【FULL SYSTEM DIAGNOSES】 With so many special services, the full system diagnoses will not be absent. As MX808 does, Autel MaxiCom MK808 will also give your car a full detection for ALL systems (ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, Brake System, Emission System, Fuel system, Light system, Wiper System etc. ).
- 【WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE】 The scan tool works on most 1996 US-based, 2000 EU-based and newer vehicles to do the full systems diagnoses including reading/clearing codes and viewing live data to check the health status of parts. If you work with a wide variety of cars on a regular basis, this car scanner is a solid choice.
- 【USER-FRIENDLY】 This obd2 scanner features 7" touchable screen and enables sensitive response with a fast quad-core processor, which is better than Autel md808/md808 pro and MX808. Compare with MK808BT, MK808 is not designed to pair the VCI, but the cable connection will ensure the quick and stable diagnosis speed.
- 【AUTEL ORIGINAL PRODUCT】 As an original car diagnostic scanner, MK808 users will get benefit from Autel official 1-year , and 12-month FREE software updates. (After 1 year if you choose not to update the software, the Autel tool could still be used as normal just without the new car model being updated).
- Warm Remind----As heavy duty trucks's structure is complex,so we need pay more attention to confirm its compatibility.Please contact us first if you are not sure whether it can work on your trucks.
- Support Multiple Systems----Engine,Transmission, Instrument Panel, Drivetrain, Braking System, Suspension, ABS, ESP, EPS, Fuel System and etc.You can get real time data related to system and do some repair by yourself using this truck tool,which will save much time and money.
- Wide Converage----It is a 2 in 1 Trucks & Car Diagnositc Tools，which support all heavy duty trucks(J1587, J1939 and J1708) and all OBD2 standard protocols.Not only can work on Freightliner,Kenworth,Mack,International,Sterling,Paccar,Peterbilt,Caterpillar,Western Star,Mercedes-Benz,Man,Scania,VOLVO,Renault,Erf,Foden,Seddon-Atikinson,Iveco,Daf,Sisu,Steyr,ISUZU,Hino and more diesel trucks;but also can support all cars, mini vans and light duty vehicles from 1996 on and latest.
- Battery Power Monitor + One Key Help----If the battery voltage is less than 11.8v,it shows you start engine over to 1500rpm and charge the battery,if it is less than 10.8v,show stop the testing and check the battery. As for "?" Button, please press "?" button directly when a question mark "?" show on the screen, you will get the explanation.
- HD OBD+OBDII Diagnosing----It can Read /Clear codes,View live data in a text or graphic format for trucks.Like other Proffesional codes reader,it can read codes, erase codes, I/M Readness, Live data, EVAP Test, O2 sensor Test...etc for cars. We provide two years warranty,so it is no risk to purchase it.
- X431 V+ is a professional, all-in-one diagnostic tool kit for heavy-duty trucks manufactured by more than 60 car manufacturers, including Navistar International, Freightliner, Kenworth, MAN, Volvo, Isuzu, Bosch, Cummins, and Ford. It can read all vehicle controllers, display specific fault codes and component data in an accessible snapshot format.
- [How to Use] Connect module HD 2.0 with your truck through cable provided, and connect the module with the tablet via Bluetooth network. Use the X431 app pre-installed in the tablet to receive diagnostic results.
- The main functions of X431 V+ include cylinder cutout, injector programming, DPF active regeneration and reset, parameters reset, oil change reset, maintenance light reset, clutch adjustment, reading and erasing DTC, reading data stream, reading system information, action testing, etc.
- X431 V+ compliant with standard protocols and applied to heavy duty trucks, diesel engines, constructional machinery, and agricultural machinery to inspect ABS and transmission-related problems.
- The tablet supplied is designed by Lenovo based on Android 7.0 to display the live data and test results in clear text or graphic formats. One-year limited warranty with professional after-sale support. Two-year free online upgrades.
- The HD I is a powerful Code Reader for both heavy duty and car, it can work on all the vehicles which are equipped with HD-OBD and OBDII
- The HD I for Heavy Duty Diagnostic Tool is the perfect tool for diagnosing and clearing heavy duty diagnostic trouble codes. The Heavy Duty Diagnostic Tool HD I will work on ANY gas/diesel heavy truck that complies with the Heavy Duty Standard Protocol. Almost all heavy trucks sold in the USA comply to this standard
- It covers J1587, J1708 and J1939 protocols, for accessing Engine, Transmission, Brakes and more
- For the car, it covers CAN, KWP, J1850 and ISO protocols, for accessing general OBDII powertrain systems
- It features a 2.8" full color LCD display and is ergonomic, highly portable and easy to use
- JPRO Professional Diagnostic Software, DLA+ 2.0 Adapter, Panasonic Toughbook
- 9-pin Cable, 6-pin Cable, Type-B OBD-II Cables (Ford, GM, Sprinter/Isuzu/Hino, Mack & Volvo), USB Cable
- All makes, all models diagnostic tool provides diagnostic and repair information with bi-directional functionality
- Display over 44,000+ Heavy-Duty & Medium-Duty fault codes with detailed OEM level component and trailer descriptions
- See the entire vehicle in one pass, on one screen, in under a minute
- Quickly reveal the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings on any 1996 and newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV and hybrids
- Read and erase ABS & SRS light trouble codes on most OBD2 vehicles
- Battery & alternator tests check the performance of a vehicle's charging system
- Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles
- Freeze Frame shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, engine coolant temp, etc., at the time the Malfunction Indicator Lamp turned on. The 3100j will save the last 3 vehicles scanned.Also, the 3100j does not have Live data or bi-directional functions
- EXPAND YOUR X431 CAPABILITIES: Now you can use your new Launch X431 product with larger trucks and commercial vehicles. This heavy duty diagnostic module is a necessary add-on for the Launch X431 if you do maintenance work on trucks, mass transit vehicles, and other commercial type vehicles.
- SUITABLE FOR TRUCK AND COMMERCIAL VEHICLES: Able to test trucks with 12V or 24V battery, and trucks with diesel engines. When testing 24V truck, battery conversion is not required. Supports 34 brands and over 68 models from America, Europe, Asia.
- POWERFUL FUNCTIONS: When paired with your Launch X431 V+, X431 Pro3 V2.0, or X431 V, you can do diagnostic functions such as Reading DTCs, Clearing DTCs, Viewing the Live Datastream, and also do some Special Repair Functions.
- SMART DESIGN: Drop, dust and shockproof case for use in industrial environments. Cables and connectors for use with all important models of heavy-duty and commercial trucks. Heavy-gauge molded carrying case with internal padded slots for safe storage of the diagnostic module and all the connectors.
- FULL TECHNICAL WIZARD: It has integrated the basic diagnostic functions of two heavy duty truck standard protocols (J1939 and J1708), is equipped with 6PIN OBD, 9PIN OBD, and many additional diagnostic connectors for major truck brands, supports multiple ECU抯, and is compatible with the latest Android based Launch X431 diagnostic tablets.
Last update on 2019-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API